Your browser Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc all store cookies and cache (store) pages or elements of pages to help speed up the page load process.
That’s good for speed but bad if there have been changes to a page or a site. Good practice is to clear your cookies and cache weekly just like cleaning house. Below we’ll show you how to clear cookie and cache on Chome and Internet Explorer.
CHROME: First open Chrome as your browser.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
INTERNET EXPLORER: Now Open Internet Explorer
In the upper right-hand corner of the webpage, you will see a gear button. Press this button this is your settings button.
- Next, you will have a menu of options drop down. Select INTERNET OPTIONS from that menu.
- Next, the INTERNET OPTIONS box is going to pop up. You are going to see 7 tabs at the top.
3. Select General Tab and then you will see Browsing history.In Browsing history, you will see a button DELETE.
4. Select the DELETE button and a new box is going to pop up. You will notice all of the boxes except for one of them are checked. Leave them checked and press the DELETE button.
5. Next, you will be brought back to the main internet options screen. Press OK and close INTERNET EXPLORER.
6. Start a NEW Session and your Cookies and Cache will be clear!